01 Dec “El Clásico” 2019-2020
“El clásico” is one of the most expected football matches of the year in the Spanish League, and one of the most viewed, both for those who manage to get a ticket to watch it live, and the millions of people that follow it through their TV’s.
Furthermore, this year el clásico has been involved in controversy due to the postponement of the away match from October to December. This was the second time that a match between these two clubs has been postponed in history.
The return match will take place on March, at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. If you’re one of the lucky ones that was able to get a ticket to enjoy the match live, or if you don’t have a ticket, but you want to come to the city to enjoy the city’s atmosphere those days, we highly recommend you book your accommodation in advance, as Madrid will be very busy during those dates.
Dates and Schedule Madrid-Barça 2019-2020
The away match finally took place in Barcelona on December the 18th and finished with a draw between both teams.
The return match will take place in Madrid, at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium on Sunday March the 1st, at 6PM.
The return match will be crucial for both clubs, and will perpetuate the historic rivalry between them.
The Madrid-Barcelona derby
The rivalry between both teams has kept on growing over time due to the reason that they are both the clubs with the most titles of the Spanish football.
In 2018 Fútbol Club Barcelona won the League Cup, although Real Madrid is currently the Team with most titles of the First Division League, with 33 titles, whereas Barcelona has 26.
However, if we look at the total amount of titles, it’s Fútbol Club Barcelona the one with the highest number with a total of 74 against Real Madrid’s 64 titles.
All this information only amplifies the emotion that these derbies bring, and they never disappoint anyone. Not in vain, the media refers to this event as “The match of the Century” and millions of people will watch it throughout the whole world.
Accommodation in Madrid for “El clásico”
If getting a ticket for this game is complicated, finding a place to stay is not so easy either.
The city hosts a great number of visitors and football aficionados that make the most out of their visit to the city to stay the whole weekend and enjoy the Spanish capital.
If you’re coming to Madrid on these dates, we recommend you look for a place to stay in the centre, that can allow you to enjoy the centre of the city without having to spend a lot of time in transportation, and so you can really “live” the atmosphere.
A good option can be to rent an apartment. If you’re travelling in a group, you can get an apartment with several rooms, and be together throughout the weekend.
In addition to all this, the apartments have a kitchen, washing machine, and other services that hotels don’t have, and that can be of use, especially for these getaways.
If you’re interested in staying in an apartment, we suggest you take a look at our SmartRental apartments.
All of them are located in the centre, in the most famous neighbourhoods of Madrid, fully furnished and equipped so you have everything you need to feel like at home.
We have studios and apartments in Puerta del Sol, Chueca, Atocha, La Latina and Gran Vía. All of them are very close to the metro, bus and taxi, and it won’t take more than 30 minutes to get to Santiago Bernabéu from them.
At SmartRental you will find studios and 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. All of them are furnished and have a double room, private bathroom, and a living room with sofa-bed and TV. They also have a fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, iron, heating and free WIFI. And if you book through our website, you can have up to a 15% discount!
What to do in Madrid in 48 hours
Madrid is a city with a lot to see, but if you stay for a weekend, we suggest some places you can’t miss out on:
– Paseo por la Gran Vía de Madrid. A walk through Madrid’s Gran Vía. It’s one of the busiest streets and has a lot of things to do. In this street you will find some of the most renowned theatres of the city. If you’re here, you can use the opportunity to watch one of the plays, such as the Lion King at the Lope de Vega Theatre, or Anastasia, at the Coliseum Theatre.
– Visit Plaza Mayor. It’s one of the oldest squares in the country and a meeting point for locals and tourists.
– Very close to Plaza Mayor, you will find Puerta del Sol, and the famous clock of the Royal House of the Post Office, the one to give the 12 strokes of midnight every year; the kilometre Cero, marked with a plaque on the floor that signals the beginning of the 6 national roads of the country, and a few metres away, the Statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree, a city emblem.
– Another must is the Royal Palace, where you can also visit Plaza de Oriente, and the Sabatini Gardens.
– And if the weather is right, we suggest you can start your Sunday with a walk through Parque del Retiro in Madrid, a nice moment that will help you rest and regain strengths to enjoy “el clásico”
Come to Madrid to enjoy “el clásico” with an amazing atmosphere and make the most out of your trip to discover Madrid. At SmartRental we have all types of apartments so you can choose the one that best suits you, with special offers if you reserve through our website.
If you want to stay with us, or if you still have any doubts, you can contact us through our SmartRental website, or reaching us through our phone (+34) 910 284 776 and we will try to help you out in anything you may need.